Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Monitor Progress: CargoCollective.com

My Rating 4/5

        This is a portfolio website great for gathering your work in an organized way. It is fantastic for artists seeking a professional looking website without the trouble of creating a site from scratch. It allows artists to share their work and network with other artists. 

        It is totally free. 

This is a screenshot of a portion of my portfolio on cargocollective.com.
I was able to categorize the different series I have done as well as customize
much of the style and appearance of my page.
This is a screenshot of cargocollective's featured artists page. It gives you
a chance to look at other work and a chance to get featured yourself.

Monitor Progress
        This website is great because it is free and professional. This site could be used to have students photograph, upload, and organize their work. It would be great practice for creating an online appearance especially if students hoped to become artists themselves. As a teacher I could help them create their portfolios as well as monitor their work. This would teach them to preserve and photograph their art. 

        The only downside to this website is there is nowhere to leave comments on the work of other artists, only the ability to contact them. 

2 comments:

  1. Paige I think this is a cool post and way to express art. Portfolios are very important especially in art, its like a creative resume. I am all about the visual. Pictures and paintings have always been intriguing to me I am just not as art-savvy as I would have hoped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Anita - free apps that allow you to store and show your work easily is very important nowadays! You never know when you need to share... and the more accessible and better organized, the better. Free is always great. :) Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete