Thursday, April 2, 2015

Padlet Unit Plan

Link: My Padlet

I chose this topic because I felt it related to the lesson I chose for Interactivity 3 (my Coggle). The lesson prompted students to create a square for a quilt based on a famous woman in history. The entire class then put all their squares together to create one quilt. With my Padlet, I created a unit based on patterns and textures which I felt was relative to the lesson. Patterns and textures are what makes quilts attractive.

The unit goals include introducing the students to patterns; showing examples, explaining the process of making a pattern, where we find patterns in everyday life, as well as creating their own pattern. The essential questions for the unit of course were based on how we make patterns: where do we see patterns and where can we find influence and inspiration for creating one? I found sources for reference by browsing different sites that hosted pictures of patterns found in nature and found in everyday life. I want students to see that patterns are everywhere and maybe we don't always notice them.

I chose three technologies to enhance this unit. A site that explains how to make a zentangle (intricate patterns and textures), a site that has an endless amount of pattern examples (for inspiration), and a site (national geographic) that shows many different examples of patterns in nature. I felt these 3 were the perfect combination to explain how to make a pattern as well as providing inspiration.

I would most definitely use Padlet in my teaching. It is a fun interactive way to show information, easy to link in photos/videos/websites, very customizable, and extremely user friendly. I really enjoyed using it.




No comments:

Post a Comment